CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, March 15, 2009

DAY FIVE


That could have been my village, or my family. What the Loyalists did to that village could have just as easily been my village. I can’t imagine what that would have been like for me to look upon my beloved village and see the pointless death and destruction that I saw at that village today. What I saw makes me value life more than ever and it makes me hate the Loyalists with a new found passion. Those people, no matter whose side they were on, were innocent and did not deserve that kind of treatment. For the little girl to have to watch as what she had known all her life: here home, her family, and her life were all brutally destroyed in just an instant was probably far worse than most people will ever experience. To watch as this happened and not be able to stop it will probably haunt her for the rest of her life. I now know how much I would miss my family if they died. The sorrow that came of me when I saw the damage that was done was almost unbearable even though I didn’t even know them. From that baby, I gained a lot of courage. I was teased for having to carry the baby. But I know what I did was right. Not many of those soldiers there would have been able to carry that baby with the teasing that the other soldiers tormented me with. The two poor people that I saved changed my life and I will never forget them. What the Loyalists did fills me with outrage and I can never forgive them for what they did.

Picture Source

0 comments: